Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This sucks

From August 07 to October 08


So I feel like I have tried really hard this year to be physically fit. I had a miscarriage in early spring at which time it took me about 4 weeks to gain 15 lbs. 7 months later and I've lost maybe 5 lbs. of it. It didn't help with the already added 5-10 lbs of christmas eating. I eat smaller portions now and less sugars and starches than I was before. I load up on vitamins, veggies, and fruits. I feel like I eat a balanced diet. I also exercise very regularly. I hike, rock climb, or run at least 2 times a week. More if I can. I always park far away from wherever I go and I usually run from my car to the store/preschool/whichever. I am so tired of this extra weight. I'm not use to being this heavy and nothing to show for it. i.e. a baby. I just wish I had the time to run 5-10 miles a few times a week. It's a great escape, it feels great, and I'm thinner (nice perk). I honestly have not thought much about my weight over the years. A few lbs here or there was no big deal for me. But this isn't fun. No fun at all!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain: I ended up with excess poundage after each of two miscarriages (and I didn't have your cute figure to start with). Are you still planning on another baby?

A Case of Spanglers said...

No fun at all. Well we go back and forth on that decision. Right now it doesn't feel right. We'll see down the road.

A Case of Spanglers said...

by the way Pam, what is your blog web name? I'd like to see yours.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me too :-) I'm planning to get one set up before Ben leaves for four months in Japan in January...

Armstrong Family said...

You still look fabulous! Thought you might need that pick me up. ; )

A Case of Spanglers said...

Thanks. I appreciate that and do need it. =)