Friday, October 10, 2008

Science Project Location #2

The second location we went to was the Great Salt Lake from Antelope Island. The smell was horrid. Poor Lexie could barely breath in the awesome aroma of buffalo dung. mmm, mmm yummy!
But it was fascinating how salty the water was. We tasted water which I think tasted saltier than ocean water. With so much evaporation over the years, where else is the salt suppose to go.
The view where we were was so breathtaking. Mountains were our view in every direction. The sand was really quite smooth which we hadn't expected.
This was my favorite nature picture of the day. The white foamy stuff is from the salt buildup I am told. It was like a layer of salt bubbles all around the Lake. The water was also the thickest water. I'm told there is so much salt in the lake that you just float. I really would like to try it some day but the water is very unappealing.

1 comment:

April Greener said...

Did you see the spiral jetty?

When I was young, we would go to the spiral jetty each year and float in the water-it was fun when I was little but I would NEVER get in the disgusting water now. The water also stings so bad if you have any small cuts or anything because of all the salt.

Anyways...great science project-I am impressed!