Thursday, October 23, 2008

This is the place

We went to This is the Place last friday. I just wanted to take my girls to show them some of the Church's history but when I called to check times and rates, they said they were doing trick or treating and games. So it was more of a fun trip than eduational. But the girls had a blast. This was Siriana's first time on a pony. She had a fun time but wouldn't let me let go of her. She's so cautious...it's cute.
Gabriella hasn't been on a pony since she was about 9 months old. She's a natural it seems. She climbed right up there and just grinned ear to ear. But knowing Gabriella, I'm sure she would have preferred no rope so she could wander the area. She's my adventure bug.

Easy entertainment I tell ya. That thing was so heavy that another grownup had to help me. If the lady had left me there, I would have been stuck. I don't know that the girls would have been able to get me out. Though they might have preferred that!


Lexie wouldn't go anywhere near the pony's which I had expected. So I just took the other 3 on them. But when they got off, I couldn't find lexie. She had gone to the "petting zoo" section. It surprised me since she has a fear of several animals. She sure loved those goats. She was so gentle and caring with them. Trying to feed them, pet them, anything to make them happy. It was too adorable. I'm glad she found a happy place cause she was pretty scared of the pony's.



This was the picture of the day. Anelyn was so anxious while we were waiting in line to ride the pony. She kept trying to climb to the fence. Finally, I told her it was her turn and she ran up and tried to climb on herself. I helped her up and she was beaming. She wasn't scared or wobbly on there. Her turn was up too quick. She had to let Siriana have a turn. As soon as Siriana's turn was up, Anelyn ran up ready to have another turn. I let her sit for a second but others had to have a turn. She love, love, loved it though. Even the workers were shocked at how comfortable she was and they said she the prettiest princess they had seen that day.




There was a train that circled around the park so we rode it a few times. It was nice at the end of the day because my feet were killing me after hours of walking...in boots. Smart one Cristy. It's nice to find fun ways to spend our days while Daniel is away.





2 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

What a fun day! It's nice to see you, even if it is in pictures!

April Greener said...

That does look like fun. I love how the twins are always in their pretty dresses-they look so cute.