Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tonight I indulged myself with a movie for myself. I watched Julie & Julia. It was a perfect movie for me because it talks about food and self evaluation and well....blogging. This is something I desire to do often yet I don't set aside time to do so. So thank you Julie & Julia for inspiring me to blog this time of year. I really missed it!!!

Being so close to the end of the year, I felt it would be a great time to go over my new years resolutions. I haven't even looked back at them in probably 4 or 5 months so I have no idea where I stand. You will be finding out right along side me!!

1. I set out to do Piliate's 2 times a week. Well officially, I believe I accomplished doing pilates maybe 2 times the entire year! Great Job Cristy!!

2. Go the month of January with no treats or soda. well I did cut down immensely but I still love my treats!

3. Lose the 20 lbs I've gained in the last year and a half. I am very proud of myself for this one because I did lose 15 lbs of it. I have a few extra lbs but its nothing I can't still reach...if I really could give up my treats....which I probably won't!

4. Study and understand the Doctrine and Covenants. I do feel like I better understand D&C. some of the sections I went through were one's that I didn't ever remember reading before. And I know I've read all of them several times. though, not surprisingly, I feel I still have so much more to learn!!!

5. At this point, I am not able to run on a regular basis but I miss running so much. My goal is to run just 1 race this year. Yay for this one!! I did 3 5K races and another ragnar relay race in Las Vegas. All this was accomplished even though I sprained my ankle and was out of running commission for 2 months this summer. And I plan to run more this upcoming year!

6. I would like to finish reading Preach My Gospel. I have learned so much from the sections I've read. I just want to finish it. and I haven't finished reading it but I did start reading to my girls out of it to prepare gabriella to get baptized in May. I do love this book!

7. To read 9 more fiction novels this year. And another goal accomplished. I managed to read exactly 9 fiction books this year. I read all 4 of the vampire academy books, 3 in the Night World series, Dairy Queen, The Off Season, and I believe Esther by Eleanor Liggens was the last. I really enjoyed reading this year. My vampire horizons are forever broadened. hehe.

8. Learn 5 more songs in the children's songbook. I definitely learned 5 new songs this year in primary. It helped that I was made the nursery chorister because then I really had to learn the songs. plus, a couple I learned in teaching senior primary. I LOVE PRIMARY SONGS!!

9. Learn more than just how to play the melody on the piano and learn the basic chords on the guitar. well I have definitely learned a lot on the piano but not so much on the guitar. line upon line I guess. but I am loving learning more on the piano.

10. Learn how to keep my house generally clean. Ok so I did get really good at that this year....until I moved. then it went back down hill. I have utilized the flylady.net website and I am striving to get back there. We'll see if next year will be any better. A little at a time right. I just love making goals and look forward to later this week making my new ones for next year!!

I really am proud of my accomplishments this year since it has been a rough year. With being a single mom, there was a part of me that felt so stretched that I didn't want to keep going with all my goals. But now, I am so glad for all that I have done. And I am looking forward to a new, wonderful year!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were very ambitious in your goal setting, and you made a lot of progress. I normally only make one resolution per year. I think I have about a fifty percent success rate, but considering how few that is, I don't think I'm accomplishing as much as you. Good job.

Lisa said...

You are awesome!!! You did a LOT. You have so much strength, you amaze me! We miss you.. Tell the girls hi for me. Take care....

Annalia said...

Oh My! You blogged! I'm so proud of you...and I just now noticed. :)