Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Don't Cry Wolf

So I walked into Seagull book store on saturday thinking to myself, "I need a good book to read." I glanced around at a few they had displayed having a hard time deciding which one I wanted to buy. An employee highly recommended this book to me and said it was well worth reading. So I brought it home and proceeded to read the book. It was definitely an easy read but by the time I was done reading the book, I needed another one to make me feel good. It starts off where a man's wife and daughter die and he's left to raise his 2 sons by himself. The youngest boy would go weeks without speaking due to what happened. Then the same boys primary teacher was shot and killed. Then a bunch of animals were being eaten by other animals or shot. Oh, and then another 4 or 5 people are brutally killed in the story. And then the man lives happily ever after and finds a woman to love. Hmmm! I just didn't know what to think. It's not a book I would ever read again. I can't say I'm the best judge of books because I haven't read very many. I am also one of those people that loves the "happily ever after". And I expected that there would be some death because of the summary I read. It just kept coming and coming. Never ending. So now I'm moving on to a hopelessly romantic story called timeless waltz by anita stansfield. I have a few people who recommended this book series to me. I actually do like this one. I wasn't sure if I was going to be fond of LDS fiction but it is very enjoyable. I just hope there's a "happy ending". :) Cheesy I know. Wish me luck.

No comments: